I am getting over a cold, and my wife is starting her cold (we share everything). Over the past couple of weeks -- and for the next couple of weeks -- my wife and I have been (and will be) drinking a lot of juice. We usually buy the frozen concentrate because it's cheaper than the stuff that comes in the cartons or jugs. We've noticed that often the stuff in the cartons and jugs is from concentrate anyway, so we figure we're being money-wise.
So, I was making up some juice the other day, and I looked at the label to make sure that I didn't add too much (or too little) water. You know, it's pretty sick to try to drink watered-down juice. Anyway, I looked at the label and the instructions said to mix 1 can of concentrate with about 3 cans of water... that's pretty much the standard ratio. But what intrigues me is what's printed right above the nutrition facts. Take a look:
"Contains 100% juice when properly reconstituted."
Umm... what does it contain before it's properly reconstituted? 300% juice?
2 comments:
That's funny. I think you should write to them and ask them. Maybe call them. Have you tried the Simply Juice juices? They are really yummy and 100% juice. I buy the OJ with calcium since Blaine has become lactose intolerant in his old age. Sucks to get old.
Sorry you've been sick. That's no fun. But at least it gave you something to blog about!
Hooray! I have one blog post for the month of September.
Never tried the Simply Juice juices. I don't think I've ever seen them. I'm pretty sure they don't exist.
We like to get the OJ with calcium, too... especially since I don't drink milk. I do eat ice cream and cheese and yogurt and occasionally cottage cheese and I drink chocolate milk, but I just don't like regular milk.
Post a Comment